2. Limit the amount of alcohol you consume at parties, and never drink and drive.
3. Get at least seven to eight hours of sleep each night.
4. Meditate, pray, get a massage, knit or read a book – whatever activity helps you relax when things are hectic.
5. Stick to a healthy diet and save the treats for special occasions, like a party or family holiday dinner. It is okay to indulge occasionally, but don’t turn splurging into a weeklong event.
6. If you have too many seasonal commitments, “delegate, delegate, delegate.” Ask your children to help clean up after dinner or your spouse to pick up the dry cleaning, for example.
7. Stop smoking and don’t turn to cigarettes when you are anxious.