Atlanta, Ga. (July 9, 2012) – TenPiedmont Heart Institute physicians recently were named as top doctors in the region by Atlanta Magazine.
Of these physicians, five Piedmont Heart interventional cardiologists, two general cardiologists, two cardiothoracic surgeons and one vascular surgeon were named. They are:
“We are extremely proud to have each of these physicians on our team,” said Sid Kirschner, chief executive officer of Piedmont Heart Institute. “Their commitment to excellence is the very reason Piedmont Heart has a reputation for being a leader in cardiac care.”
- Patrick Battey, M.D., vascular surgeon
- Victor E. Corrigan, M.D., interventional cardiologist
- Winston H. Gandy Jr., M.D., general cardiologist
- Nirav Y. Raval, M.D., general cardiologist
- David E. Kandzari, M.D., interventional cardiologist
- William D. Knopf, M.D., interventional cardiologist
- Vivek Rajagopal, M.D., interventional cardiologist
- Bhagat K. Reddy, M.D., interventional cardiologist
- W. Morris Brown, M.D., cardiothoracic surgeon
- David A. Dean, M.D., cardiothoracic surgeon/heart transplant surgeon
According to Atlanta Magazine, careful screening of doctors’ educational and professional experience occurs before final selection of this list. Castle Connolly Medical Ltd, a New York-based healthcare research and information company, seeks nominations of physicians who excel in academic medicine and research and also exhibit excellence in patient care. The survey does not include fields in which patients rarely have a choice, such as emergency medicine or anesthesiology, nor does it include cosmetic surgery as a stand-alone specialty.
All licensed physicians are welcome to participate in recommending their colleagues. The process can be accessed online only at www.castleconnolly.com/nominations.
To find more about how these physicians were named top cardiologists or to see the complete list, visit: www.atlantamagazine.com.
For more information about Piedmont Heart Institute, visit piedmontheart.org.