With the recent increase in criminal activity in and around the Buckhead area, including three incidents on hospital grounds, Piedmont Atlanta Hospital is increasing security measures to insure the safety of our patients and employees. The hospital has increased the number of security officers patrolling Piedmont Atlanta’s campus by 25 percent. The new officers will provide added support in patrolling hospital parking decks and buildings. Additionally, Piedmont Security Services will continue to work closely with the Atlanta Police Department and area neighborhoods to maintain a safe community.
To respond to these incidents and be preventive, Piedmont Security Services also has increased communication with employees and patients around awareness and how to report things out of the ordinary, reminding them of these important safety tips:
- Any time you park your car, be alert and note out of the ordinary things as you pull into your parking space.
- Be aware of individuals loitering in the area.
- Avoid parking next to or between large vehicles or structures that restrict your view.
- Before you exit your vehicle, stow items that may be considered valuable out of site.
- If you’re arriving at work, think about waiting in your vehicle until you see familiar employees walking through the garage and walk inside with them as a group.
Piedmont Security Services believes that awareness is the cornerstone of everyone’s personal safety. Remember: if you are approached by a criminal who demands items from you, never resist. Your safety and well-being are far more important than any personal items that may be stolen. For safety concerns, call 404-605-3367.