Jasper, Ga. (June 12, 2014) – On June 1, 2014, Piedmont Mountainside Hospital celebrated 10 years of service to the community. To commemorate, here are 10 interesting facts about Piedmont Mountainside.
- Before joining the Piedmont family, Piedmont Mountainside operated as Pickens General Hospital, which opened in March 1969.
- When it opened its doors as Piedmont Mountainside Hospital in 2004, the hospital employed less than 150 people. Today, more than 445 employees and 200 doctors take care of patients at Piedmont Mountainside.
- Nearly 12,000 patients sought treatment in the emergency department the first year Piedmont Mountainside was open. That number has since grown to nearly 22,000 in fiscal year 2013.
- Recognizing the need for expanded access to emergency care, officials at Piedmont Mountainside unveiled a new emergency department complete with 15 emergency room beds and 3 fast-track beds in March 2013. The hospital also added 10 inpatient beds last year, bringing the total to 52 inpatient beds.
- Over the past decade, Piedmont Mountainside consistently ranked among the top metro Atlanta hospitals for patient satisfaction, according to the publicly-reported survey of patient satisfaction by HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems).
- In the past 10 years, 3,405 babies have been delivered at Piedmont Mountainside.
- The Wound Care and Hyperbaric Center at Piedmont Mountainside opened in March 2012 offering a full spectrum of clinical services for the treatment of wounds including those complicated by diabetes, poor circulation and infections.
- Piedmont Mountainside has been the recipient of multiple awards and designations over the years including Small Hospital of the Year by the Georgia Alliance of Community Hospitals, Hospitals & Health Networks magazine’s Most Wired, and Press Ganey’s Partner of Choice Award (2011) for attaining scores in the 90th percentile or above in patient, physician and employee satisfaction.
- On May 1, 2013, Piedmont Mountainside transitioned to a new, comprehensive electronic medical record and practice management system called Epic, which allows test results, patient charts, reports and other important information to be available in real time at all Piedmont facilities.
- Clinicians at Piedmont Mountainside have treated 1,252 cardiac related patients since the facility was accredited in July 2013 as a Chest Pain Center by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
For more information about Piedmont Mountainside Hospital, visit piedmontmountainside.org